Thursday, March 25, 2010

Queen of Unfinished Projects

That's the title my husband gave me. And I've talked to a lot of you stitchers and you all seem to be just like me. I don't think I'm that unusual. But I have decided to finish up as many unfinished projects as I can because I really don't like his title or the other comments he made.


I think the only other stitcher he knows was his Great Aunt Virginia. When I met her she was probably in her 70s. I'm sure when she was younger she stitched many different projects but when I met her it was Christmas Stockings. She made them from her children, grand children and great grand children! But she picked out one project completed it and sent it on to it's home before she ever started another project. I'm not sure if that was just her nature not to have unfinished projects or if it was a byproduct of living in the depression. But she never ever had an unfinished project (except the last project she was working on). More about that another day. She died several years ago and I still really really miss her. She was a wonderful lady.


I have dug around in my unfinished projects and pulled one out. It's a pansy project. If you had asked me 6 months ago why it landed in the unfinished pile, I would have told you I got tired of all the purple. And really I did. But that's not the whole story. We moved into our home about 3 years ago and one of the rooms is a bright sunny cheery yellow with white built in shelves. We decided to make it the office and both of us would have a desk in the room. And we do. I decided this would be the perfect picture to hang over my desk. But then I discovered he was emailing and IMing and all from his desk. And honestly I can't stand walking into this room now. I still go in to clean and my cookbooks are on the shelves. But I don't spend much time in here. I still love the project though and I can find a new place to hang it, right?


So I present Stitching Project One - The Pansy Project.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you can finish that up in no time. :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete