Monday, March 22, 2010

Why Second Chances?

I tried to blog before but wasn't very good at it. I thought I always had to be happy and positive. Also most of my blogger friends are cross stitchers and compared to them I never get anything done. I really think there are a couple of them that I could give a Heaven and Earth design and check with them tomorrow and they would be finished. They are that fast.

However I've been going through a lot and after emailing with a blogger friend, I think I will try this again. She has encouraged me to be myself and be honest that I'll still have friends.

The truth is I'm not in a very good relationship. It's hard for me to say it's abusive because he doesn't hit me but I'm learning there are other types of abuses. He's not faithful to me either. Honestly I'm not that happy or positive right now. I haven't been for awhile. To be painfully honest, I was trying to plan a way to end my life.

I haven't been cross stitching for awhile either. I just wasn't interested. And because I'm so stressed, I am having a lot of migraines and you just can't cross stitch with a migraine.

So that's the why. I'm trying to give blogging a second chance, my life a second chance and my stitching a second chance.

2 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) to you, Sherry. Abuse doesn't just come in the form of hitting, you know. There is also verbal and emotional abuse. Only you can decided when enough is enough and walk away. Not easy, I know. I've experienced both.

    When I was 17, I attended a suicide prevention seminar put on by the school. Something stuck with me all these years: "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." Verbatum I've remembered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry I just read why you were hesitant about blogging. I guess I feel the same way. I just can't stitch as fast as these people I read about on here and how in the world would I keep their interest when I only have a few stitches of accomplishment to show them? How on earth do they do it?

    I am heading off to work until the end of May and probably won't get on here much while working but I would love to leave my email address with you in case you felt like dropping me a line sometime! I won't have time to browse through my favorite stitchy blogs but I will be checking my email every day.
    I would love to hear from you!
    mrscpom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete