Thursday, March 25, 2010

Me Project #1

One of the things my friend helped me to realize is that I need to focus some on myself and making myself happy. I have to say, I know my choices probably would not be the choices you would make if you found yourself in my shoes. All I can say, is that I need to start somewhere that I am comfortable with. Just a small step. In time those small steps will lead to bigger ones.

I told you about the home office and how it is very depressing to me and I really can't spend a lot of time there. But I really need a space for me. A space all of my own that I can work from. The must haves are a table (I really don't think I want a traditional desk), chair and some sort of bulletin board. I LOVE Sarah's space. I nabbed a picture from her blog...



Sarah has a whole room. She knits, sews, quilts among many other things. It's an awesome room. But I don't have a whole room.

Option One: Suck it up...clear off my desk and stay in the office. Drawbacks - I really won't be happy there.

Option Two: A small corner in the living room. Drawbacks - when you walk in the front door and turn right you are in the living room. The area would always have to be neat and tidy and it wouldn't be a very private space. Especially when you consider how much time others spend there watching tv, playing games, etc.

Option Three: We have a "breakfast area" in the kitchen. That's usually where the three of us eat. We also have a dinning room. We only use it when we have people over. It already has a table and chairs. Drawbacks - Again when you walk into the house and turn left you are in this room. Plus others tend to drop things off here: bookbags, school assignments, newspapers etc.

Option Four: We have a walk in closet that is pretty big. I know what you are thinking yuck - dark and creepy. But I've seen some nice office closets - look at this one.



Not bad. And my walk in closet even has a window. I could put the table right under the window. Drawbacks - we do use this closet and there probably wouldn't be a place for a bulletin board unless I put it on the back of the closet door.

Option Five: We have a pretty big bedroom. In one corner we have a trunk that matches our bedroom furniture. I could move that into the closet under the window and put the table there. I would have room for a bulletin board.

What do you think? Do you have a space of your own? Would you be willing to share about it.

Now I know you are saying to yourself, "Who is she talking to. No one's visiting this blog." Pat me on the back because today I'm going to go out and say hello to a few of my blogging friends and invite them over. If that's how you found me, thank you for visiting. I know my life isn't exciting, but I could really use some friends right now. And because I'm a little afraid to make decision right now, I really would like some input.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry :)

    My first choice would've been the closet but since you said you use it for other things, my second choice would be to use the extra space in your bedroom.

    Any time you need to reach out, feel free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry... Thanks for dropping by my blog. I work at home, but I live alone too and that gives me options. But I live in a 1-br apt so there isn't a lot of choice. It's the all-purpose dining/craft/office table for me right in the living room. I have considered moving the office space to part of the br since the br is large. But I wouldn't really enjoy spending my day in there. If I were in your position, I'd go for the br though, just to keep the office space out of the way. I wouldn't want to give up all that cloeet space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to suggest exactly the same thing as Meari.
    I found my way here from reading Edgar's blog. I would like to start a blog of my own but have been putting it off for some reason. It's very intimidating and I'm afraid of letting people down if I don't post every day. I will just have to stiffen up and DO IT one day!

    ReplyDelete